Tuesday 10 February 2015

Do you want to travel but too afraid to go? How will you start it if you’re a newbie traveler?

It’s 2015! And I’m pretty sure you are now having the bucket list for wonderful travel destinations on earth or either you are still dreaming the dream places but having a hard time how or where to start. You may consider the top places, the budget, but have you ever asked yourself about the essence, the starting point you should come into? It may sound simple but it’s true that sometimes we wanted to travel the world but do not know where to start with. And occasionally, we forget that several beautiful places are just beneath, beside or even in front of us. Just a few steps away!
I’m just a newbie on travelling. It has always been in my dream, my goal. And it’s true that those dreams will never come true until doing it. So here’s what I’ve done.

Why not imagining yourself as a tourist or a first-timer in your own place?

We may come from different far places and dreaming to be on many far places too, but believe me, the first travel point you should have been is within that far different place you are into! It may be a city you are working with now, or even a province where you have been staying since you were born.
Filipina backpacker
Infront of our house at Guinacutan Vinzons, Camarines Norte
I have been working in Manila for almost three years now, and it was really amazing and appreciative every time I will be having a chance to have holidays in my very own hometown—Vinzons. It’s always in our heart and proud where we have been started right?
“It’s ordinary, unassuming, and unpretentious.” – this is where all humble success begins. Travelling doesn’t mean you should always be on a far place; it’s a matter of experiencing the locals and discovering things that is unique deep within. There are many simple things you can still do and discover a distant from where you are right now (which is probably you haven’t done yet even you’re right there – just like me). Eat. Stroll. Visit landmarks. Swim. Love the sun, the rain. Go out. Check out all the places you haven’t been. Maximize your place! Put your heart into it!
filipina traveler
At Mananap Resort San Vincente, Camarines Norte
After exploring your own place (the most budget-friendly travel you can have), why not pack up with a friend’s place or with your partner’s hometown? I guess this is the second choice you can have as your travel buddy is already familiar with the destination and the must-tries that should go through.
Another good thing about it? You can know your partner or friends even more! Where they we’re born and the place they use to even before you meet each other.
Filipino traveler
Hundreds Islands, Alaminos City Pangasinan (at my partner’s hometown)
We have planned this with ease as my boyfriend already mastered this place. We have stayed on their house to leave our things and be ready for an island hopping. His family also has a boat that we have used on the trip and yes, we got a discount on it!  On this instance, we have less expense on our accommodation and boat rent for island hopping. You can do the same too!
On the other case, I know you are probably in a city now and tell that you have already been on good places within. With this case, why not visit nearby town?
Since I am always in Manila, I have also tried going to Tagaytay, I can say that it’s one of the beautiful sceneries in the Philippines and this is just an hour and a half away from the city.
Note: I appreciate exploring my own hometown only last Christmas holidays when I let my boyfriend visit my place and when I write about it. That’s why I really wanted to share these things
Filipina traveler
Palace in the Sky, Tagaytay City Philippines

 How will you take a travel budget?

Let me share to you my savvy tip. As I received my salary, I automatically budget it. I follow the tested formula which is 70/20/10.  Seventy percent for the expenses, twenty percent for my savings, and ten percent for the tithes. With my travel budget, I partly get it on the expenses. I save about five percent of it. I make sure that I don’t overspend so I can surely do my goals and also support my investing (I do invest on the Philippines stock market too).  I have also mastered the theory between needs and wants. This is really effective.

Know how to plan.

Goal is a dream with deadline. It should always run within us, should I say. Try writing down your travel destinations and have a plan. Put pictures on your dream board (or on your planner – this is what I do). Read travel articles, you can also get tips from them and you will also be inspired. On 2015, my goal is to travel at least three local places (means within Philippines) and one overseas. By the way, my latter goal will be coming! I will be going to Singapore this coming March!
travel philippines
Bolinao Falls, Pangasinan

How will you make sure that your travel will surely leave a perfect precious memory?

Of course it’s given to take pictures! It’s the usual way on having the souvenirs. You can also say that you can just imagine it and reminisce, through saving it on your brain, as well as in your heart. Yes! Everything is right! But for me, I believe one of the best ways is to write it. Blog it. Share it. I know it’s kinda rough at times especially if you’re not use to it. But trust me, just go back how the happiness goes when you have travelled and all the words will overload into you. Sometimes, you will be even confused where to start because your heart is overflowing on your piece, on how to write it. I have just started blogging last May 4, 2014 and I love it. I’m enjoying seeing and reading it too. I also write things that are not related to travel. Through writing you can say all the things you wanted to. Share it. Who knows, your writings may probably inspire others.
Traveling
Bagasbas Beach, Daet Camarines Norte

Going back to the main question, should you TRAVEL NOW?

My answer would be YES! Travelling is like receiving God’s gift. Beautiful places are paradises that are given to us. To appreciate it, and experience genuine things the place has. In travelling, your vision will be widen. You become inspired. You become challenged to strive more. You are challenged to become more successful. You become happy. And because of this you become pretty too and you outpace negativity.

I am twenty four, and I just realized how it’s important to travel too. Life is not all about working, saving and excelling into it, it must be balanced. It must be memorable. As always, we only live once! We must treasure and enjoy it on whatever ages we are right now. Happy travelling!

filipina traveler - 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

badge
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts